Friday, September 27, 2013

Bushnell Hybrid Pinseeker Laser Rangefinder and GPS Unit


Better than expected
I've had a callaway upro for the past 2 years and was ready for a change. I wanted a range finder instead of gps to get more accurate distances. I also wanted something faster than the upro, it seemed like I spent a lot of time messing around with the upro to get what I needed on the course. But, I didn't want to give up the ability to get distances on blind shots and layup distance on long par 5's. I'm very glad I found the bushnell hybrid. I've played a couple rounds with it so far and love it. The range finder, which I use 90% of the time, is very quick to get yardages and easy to find the flag from 200 in. The GPS is rather sparse, but has everything I need, back front middle and some other elements on certain holes, like a creek. You can also add your own items on courses you play a lot. The gps is very responsive and it moves from hole to hole on its own. The battery on the upro was aweful, sometimes not even making it through the round. While I haven't fully tested the...
Great combination of GPS and Rangefinder
I was looking into purchasing either a Golf GPS or Rangefinder when I ran accross this Hybrid that had both features. Amazon had the price down to $399 at the time so it was hard to resist. I've used it a few rounds and am very impressed. The Pinseeker feature works very quickly and is a snap. I basically point it in the direction of the pin and it finds the distance then displays the Pinseeker icon to verify it's been located. The GPS feature works great for those times I don't need precise yardages. My only complaint it that the GPS never finds my home course and I have to manually input it each time. This was before and after I performed the required connection to igolf for the GPS upgrades. Overall, I'm very happy with this product.
Excellent concept, however....
Got the unit as a gift. I like the concept of having both laser and GPS. When it works it is wonderful. The issue I am having is with the rechargable battery. The battery lasts one round and requires a complete recharge. Its more of a hassle than anything. My Pinseeker 1500 had one of those rectangle batteries and typically lasted up to 6 months. I would get a "low battery" message on the screen and would replace at the end of the round. It was more user friendly than having to plug in the hybrid after every round.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment