Friday, September 27, 2013

Irish Setter Men's Wingshooter 7" Upland Boot,Dark Brown,9.5 D US


All around boot
As said in the description, the boots are DARK BROWN. (good) I wore them around the house for a couple hours and then walked the dogs a couple times. All good. Walked in the woods for an hour and all is good. I cleaned them and put a coat of mink oil on and let them set a day. Then I applied cordovan wax. They look good and the leather is soft. Nice boots.

I especially like the thickness of the sole including the insole. Very good protection from gravel etc.
Fine boots
These are some fine looking boots. I had a pair of Irish Setter hiking boots for 25 years. I wore them to Alaska on 12 hunting trips. I hope these measure up. They seem to be sturdily made, waterproof, and somewhat lighter weighing only 4 1/2 lbs. I'm looking forward to giving them a true test.
Good comfy boot
So far these boots are comfy and dry out of the box. They are a slight bit heavier then my old ones but with the built in waterproofing that is expected. Hope to get a lot of miles out of these again.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment