Friday, September 27, 2013

STAINLESS STEEL BARREL M4 Contour 5.56/223


Stainless barrel chambered in 5.56
I disregarded some of the reviews on these barrels and bought one. ER Shaw is a good name when it comes to barrels. I was pleasantly surprised that the barrel I received was a 16" Stainless barrel chambered for 5.56 it has a carbine gas port, M4 contour, 1/9 twist, it is threaded 1/2"-28 at the muzzle, the exterior diameter at gas port: 0.750" and has M4 feed ramps. So what you have here is your basic M4gery barrel made out of stainless by one of the better barrel makers, and I received it in less than a week. All I can say is Thank You Tactical Ambush! Dont listen to people that hate on a product they have never even seen ;)
Great Barrel for the price, just be sure to contact the seller if you need something specific.
Overall I am pleased with this barrel. I did a lot of shopping in my search to find a barrel and you really can't find a better stainless, (or from my experience, any stainless barrel in this length) for less money. I haven't been able to take it out to any meaningful distance, but so far it shoots as well or better than I can. Naturally, being stainless it cleans up well, which was important to me since it's mostly doing duty as a fancied up .22lr right now. In short I have plenty of good and nothing bad to say about the quality of this barrel.

I would make a note though, the description is a bit vague and to compound matters there are two different profiles pictured at the time of writing this. The top two pictures are of a "Government" profile and the bottom picture is of a "Medium" profile barrel. Neither barrel is the stepped M4 profile.

The barrel I received was the one pictured on the bottom, the "medium" profile. I would...
Real Nice Barrels
I have 2 of these. Shoots truer than you or I can.
I have these both free floated and I'm drilling holes. These love 62gr 5.56 green tips
Highly recommend.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment