Friday, September 27, 2013

Summit Treestands Goliath SD Climbing Treestand


climbing treestand
I bought my tree stand after the hunting season was over and I'm very anxious to use it hunting. I've practiced climbing some trees several times this winter. It works great! It's easy to set up and climb with. I was a little disappointed when I got the stand in the mail and saw that the padded rest isn't padded all the way around to the sides. Also the backpacking straps have not been updated as I was led to believe on their websites and you tube. These straps are supposed to allow you to connect the seat to the base in case you lose the base while on the tree. I think Amazon must get old versions of these stands to sell. I'm going to continue using it as weather permits so that when hunting season rolls around again I'll be quite proficient at it. I want to be able to walk into the woods in the dark and quietly climb the tree.
Summit Goliath treestand
This treestand is simply the best stand I've used. I've owned a few climbing stands - an API Bowhunter, a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb, and a Summit Razor - this one tops them all. Comfortable, easy to use and backpack, the best.
Big...yet light
My brother recommended I try this stand for comfort and size. I have had 9 or 10 treestands over the years and I believe this to be the best so far. Ever stand has it's positives and negatives but this one has way more positives. Big platform, light for it's size, positive locking of cables, comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. The boot stirrups and strap on the back of your boots are a huge improvement over my last stand....had to reach down and tighten a buckle! This stand is pretty large and will not only handle larger hunters, it'll go around bigger trees. The downsides: Hard to figure out how to put together for carrying it. The seat is used as a pad for your back but ends up being in the way of the shoulder straps. Likewise, there is no real good place to put the seat while climbing. It's constantly getting bumped by your knees. All in all, best stand I've ever owned that is light, easy to climb and most importantly, makes you feel secure while up in a...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment