Friday, September 27, 2013

MINOX BV II 62030 8 x 25 BR Compact Binocular (Black)


Well done indeed
Purchased these binoculars to use as a pair to carry on my person while in the out-of-doors, as a larger pair would be left either in the vehicle or even at home. I do own full size binoculars from Nikon, Steiner, Leica, and Zeiss, but they are not carried any distance in the field due to their size and weight, negating their use severely. These compact Minox binocs will be carried specifically whilst fishing and target shooting, and their construction, features, and sharpnesss will more than justify their purchase. While compact binocs on the market are easily found, quality, lower priced models are not, and these 8x25 Minox BV II's fit that bill perfectly. Nitrogen purged to be fog-& waterproof, they are also rubber armoured to resist shock and improve comfort and grip in moist conditions. The lenses are multicoated to transmit more light and reduce flare, featuring eyecups which are retractable for eyeglass wearers, with an overall size making them ideal for carry in larger pockets...
Very Nice 8x25 Bino's
Minus 1 star for 3 reasons.

1) The bino's do not fit into the very tight fitting case while the eye cups are twisted up. The ready to go position for me and I would think most birders. I haven't found any manufacturer that allows room for the about 5/16"-3/8" extra room needed.

2) The clasp on the front Is very small and not very easy to operate. It does hold quite well though. I would prefer to see good quality magnets for quick/quiet access.

3) No lens protectors ??? I could get by with no covers for the objective lenses. Though they should be offered. They are either hanging from a neck or standing on my counter ready to go or they are in their case.
The Eye Lenses on the other hand NEED covers! As a person wears them outside In the winter, what happens to a persons nose exposed to the cold air on a 2hr walk? It runs/drips a lot. Where does that drip fall when you can't feel it? Bingo right on the Eye lenses. Even in warm weather where does...
Outstanding
I have owned various binoculars over the years and would have preferred to buy Zeiss or Leica, but could not afford to do so.

I initially started to look for the excellent Nikon compact version (which I also own but gave to my daughter for a trip to Costa Rica). When I saw that I could buy the Minox version, nitrogen-filled, for just a bit more, I jumped at it given my overwhelmingly positive experience with other Minox products.

The field of view is crystal clear, the quality is apparent and the nitrogen-filled lenses are a special benefit.

Just terrific, IMO. Actually, a steal for a German-made binocular of this quality.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment