Thursday, September 26, 2013

Viridian C5L-R Universal Sub-Compact Red Dot Laser Sight with Tactical Light, Black


small package
I like how it's programmable and that it's pretty light and small, but the mounts are plastic and bend/flex out. If you constantly take it on/off the laser won't hold it's zero. So everytime you put it on you'll have to re-adjust the laser. If it had a better, more solid mounting, it would be better and I would rate it higher. I use this on my XDs at night and take it off during the day when I carry it.
Very illminating
Lots of great functions and advanced settings for the laser and tactical light and works great. I was not concerned about day time operation iron sights are for that. But it does put out well enough, it can be easily seen on a bright day at closer range. I picked the red laser for several reasons. I read that it consumes less energy than the green and in my opinion a little more stealth with the red. It reminds me of red battle station lights used by the Navy.
Fit onto an FNX 40 was a little strange as the 1913 rail was slightly larger than the width of the rail sets provided by Viridian .The instructions did note this and simply said to have them loose while installing. So on it went and snugged the screws. I do not know if this will be an issue seemed to fit tightly with a slight inward bend on the rail sets. To remove it will need to be loosened not only from the cross bolt but at the rail set. Adjustment of the laser is very easy I used a laser bore sight and with the...
Great Unit for the Money
I was initially worried going with the red laser unit over a green laser unit. However once I received it, all worries were put aside. The red laser is plenty strong enough. I can see it in the daylight, it is bright, and it is big. Save yourself some money and don't worry about having the green laser. For over a hundred bucks less, its definitely worth the savings.

Packaging... excellent. I love the little gun barrel/slide tool kit the unit comes attached to in the box. It contains wrenches, adapters, battery, etc. The instructions were pretty easy to figure out and I had the unit mounted and ready to go in less than 10 minutes.

Operation... the ambidextrous finger buttons are easy to get to and I do not have the longest fingers. So far I have yet to have the unit activate in my pocket or under a pillow. There are several modes you can set the unit to on the push of the button. You set this by hitting both buttons at the same time to flip modes. Then...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment